Wednesday, November 2, 2011

News from Our Most Wonderful Elder Jesse Guy Carter From the Sunshine State of Los Angeles California

  • Our Most Wonderful Handsome Elder Carter OXO
     Elder Jesse Carter
    To Emily Carter




  • From:Jesse Carter (jesse.carter@myldsmail.net)
    Sent:Mon 10/17/11 4:57 PM
    To: Emily Carter (emi_3_76@hotmail.com)
    Hey Family!!!
    It was so good to hear from you guys this week!  MEAGAN IS PREGNANT!  Ahhh that is crazy!  More so that I haven't even met her yet haha, but that is awesome!  I am way happy for you guys:)  That will be crazy to think that there is going to be at least 2 nephew's/nieces that I have never met when I return from my journey in the wilderness.  Who knows. . . . . maybe megan will have twins? hahaha.  Would you guys want to have a boy or a girl?  Or would it matter either way?  Mom it sounds like the program for the ward went really well this week!  I don't know what your talking about, you always play perfect:)  I am sure It went really well.  It looks like you guys had alot of fun at the lake!  Those pictures were definately good/sad to see:(  I really miss the lake, but I do know that I am where I need to be.  Today for our PDay activity, we went to THE BIGGEST MANSION I HAVE EVER SEEN!   It was honestly incredible!  It was on top of the biggest hill in my area, possibily in southern california.  So as you can imagine, on top of the hill, just like lay hill, there are some BIG houses!  That's where are the high rollers hang out.  Anyways, we went to a members home by the name of President Chen.  He is the Branch President of the Penninsula Chinese Branch here in LA.  His house is on top of Palos Verdes and he has a tennis court, a swimming pool, a ping pong table, pool table, putting green, movie theatre, hang out pad (kinda like a bar) and last but not least, a bowling allee in his house!  It was awesome.  We went exploring, and we stumbled upon two golden toilets!  I did not feel worthy to sit upon it haha.  I guess he is the owner of SunRider vitamins/supplements and easily has a 200 to 300 million dollar pad!  It was pretty cool.  but yet, It would seem like it would be very hard for that home to be homey like ours is.  They had all kinds of servants cleaning up the yard, and vacumming and dusting and what not, and it would just be really hard to get comfortable there.  But it was a cool experience.  I mainly played tennis and ping pong.  President Chen also gave us pizza and our whole zone was there and ate some pizza.  Good times. . . . . . . . But other than that, this week has been pretty tubeuler.  I did my first fundamental training this last week!  It was in front of 2 zones, both the south bay and penninsula zones.  So in total there was about 60 missionaries there that Elder Stenquist and I trained in front of!  It was really intense, but I loved it after we got going.  It was cool too cause I invited President Baker to come to our training kind of jokingly, and he and sister baker showed up!  I really tried to keep people on there toes by cracking jokes, and keeping it fresh haha.  I even caught President Baker a couple of times laughing about some of the things I said.  But he emailed me today and said that he really enjoyed the training!  I am really beginning to get use to the assignment of zone leader and I am really enjoying it!  At first it felt really overwhelming, but it is amazing how the Lord qualifies those he calls.  I have seen that over and over again throughout my mission.  With each change, the Lord has made it possible for me to accomplish the thing that he has called me to do.  That doesn't mean that it was an easy thing to do, but he made it possible.  Elder Stenquist and I washed 4 more cars this morning for our zone goal!  It went really well, and I think the zone is really appreciative of all that we are doing for them.
          I do have one issue right now. . . . . . And that is with. . . . . . . MY PANTS! haha, My pants are officially getting too small across the waist.  I knew when we were buying my suit pants we should have gotten a plenty large waist because sure enough, they are now uncomfortable to wear, and even to the point that they begin to give me pains in my mid section because of all the pressure that they are causing me to have.  I dont know what you guys reccomend me doing.  I could possibily try and find a suit out here that would work, but I dont know I wanted to get your input.  If I could re do the whole thing, I would have gotten pants like the brown ones that I got that are a stretchy waiste band. So as I expand, they expand with me!  But especially now with all the new meetings that I have to go to, I am wearing my suits ALOT more than I use to.  So I need to try and get something that is going to be comfortable.  But anyways, definately do go out and buy a suit or anything, I just wanted to get your ideas on the issue. 
    Anyways, thank you all for all that you do!  Especially serving here in the ghetto, I am realizing more and more just how good I had it back home!  Not taking things for granted is something that I am trying to work on:)  Thank you and have a fantastic week.  bye bye
    Love, Elder Carter the 5th
    Jerry what's up!  This is Ryan, i know i haven't written you for a while but it sounds like you have been doing great!  Training two guys, being a district leader and now a zone leader all before your year mark is amazing!  It sounds like you are really enjoying your mission.  Keep it up and as you know when your working hard that is when the time flies.  Can you believe that you are already coming up on your year mark?  As for us we are doing great back here at home.  I'm sure that dad has told you that work has been pretty hard lately.  But this last week we have been working up in brian head doing some curb and gutter.  It has been a pretty fun job and luckily the weather has been really nice for us.  We will be up there this week and then well come down and do a small job for the city at the lake by the aquatic center and then we are going to start on the apartments. I'm really excited for the apartments.  I think we have a good floor plan and they will do very well; it will be fun to build them.  Your probably wondering how Meagan and I are doing. We are doing great.  We actually have a little news to tell you....we are pregnant haha!!  We are way excited.  It is a little scary though to think that we will be parents but it will be good.  She is due in the middle of may so when you get home we should have a 5 month old haha.  The funny thing is that you actually called it out that we were pregnant.  we didn't even know that we were pregnant when you last asked if we were cause she was only three weeks and you can't even tell until 4 weeks.  so the next week is when we found out so you obviously are more close to the spirit and knew that we were haha.  But she is going to the doctor for the first time tomorrow and we should be able to find out if it is a boy or girl just before Christmas.  Anyways keep up the good work, i will write to you with updates.  Have fun...love Ryan and Meagan

    My Dearest Handsome Elder Jesse,
    Well the Primary Program is over...Daddie gave me a beautiful Priesthood Blessing and as You know I have been preparing for this day for 1 year.  Never the less much Faith, work and prayer was accompanied before I played.  My eyes as You know are such a dream as my sight is very bleak and most of the notes are extremely hard to see with all the lines and spaces but I Love Music with All my Heart and will never stop playing the piano and having my special time to talk to Heavenly Father.  Settling into the Prelude music was scary for even going 40 minutes early but once I started playing for the congregation to sing the opening song and then the Sacrament song I was totally calmed and comforted.  Once the Primary program Program began and the beautiful little children started talking and singing all was well.  When I played the Postlude I played perfectly and wish I could have played exactly the same way for the Prelude.  Don't take me wrong I know that I did play with the spirit as many people told me how my music brought the spirit to the Program but as You know I am a perfectionist and if I don't play with perfect touch I am hard on myself even if I play the right note.  However I feel like a BIG weight has been lifted from me even though I just Love, Love, Love Primary-playing in front of people is just not my forte and has always been very difficult for me.  I remember when I was a little girl and would have my recitals I would cry for days before my recital and days after because I always thought that I didn't play very good that is why I have my recitals at Christmas Time and have Santa come so the recital can be FUN!!!
    We had a Wonderful dinner with Grandma Mom, Ryan, Meagan, Daddie, Kenny and me and finished with guess what?????????????????  APPLE DONUTS that Kenny made - I will send You some.
    This Thursday, Friday and Monday is UEA and so on Thursday night we are planning to go to the cabin for the last time this year and close it down.  I am hoping that everyone can come with us as it is Shawn's 32nd Birthday on Friday.  It's always hard for me to shut down the cabin because I Love the cabin with All my Heart!!!  On Saturday Lindsey is having a baby shower so that will be really fun.
    Do You know what I am missing---------------------------Your Wonderful Hot Chocolate that You would always make for me - You always took such Good Care of me.
    Well for Halloween I am planning on being a Princess Witch with a Witch purse to match, my purple hat and purple hair, and my purple black stripped stockings.  Right now I am looking at a funny little witch that was made by both Dustin and Ryan - our house looks really FUN!

    Today is a GIFT!  Embrace it with joy and anticipation. . . realize the possibilities.  It beckons you towards your destination in life.  Be at peace - you are  exactly where you are meant to be at this moment.  God has carefully chosen the people, events, joys and challenges on you path today.  The things you encounter are stepping stones of what is to come.  Make the most of today.  Focus on the "present" - you will see and appreciate things you might otherwise miss.  Follow your heart - search to find your purpose in life and you will find meaning and happiness.  Use your talents, do your best, contribute.  Make a difference, because you can.  Be passionate about your journey - sing, laugh, and love as you go.  Give praise and Pray.  The promise of tomorrow brings with the endeavors of today.  Do not let the fast-forward pace of the world deprive you from savoring "the now".  Seek things that fill you with love and bring you joy.  Have faith, it fosters hope - it makes the difference.  Believe, with God all things are possible.  Live today, for it is a gift.

    Be quick to Forgive.

    "Whistle while You Work"

    Have Courage to Stand for the Right.

    Our Family is a Work of Heart.

    God Bless our Stripling Warrior
    Alma 57:27
    they are firm, and they do put their trust in God continually.

    Therefore, I would that ye should be steadfast, and immovable, always abounding in good works, that Christ, the Lord God Omnipotent, may seal you his, that you may be brought to heaven, that ye may have everlasting salvation, and eternal life, through the wisdom, and power, and justice, and mercy of him who created all things, in heaven and in earth, who is God above all.  Amen.
    Mosiah 5:15

    My son, give ear to my words; for I swear unto you, that inasmuch as ye shall keep the commandments of God ye shall prosper in the land.
    Alma 36:1

    And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive.
    And see that ye have faith, hope, and charity, and then ye will always abound in good works.
    Alma 7:23,24

    Niki is right by me asleep and of course she is snoring and her poor tummy always rumbles.  Moosey puts himself to bed in the closet at mentioned.
    I am going to try to take our pictures off of the camera right now so hopefully I can send you some more pictures my Darling.  The pictures worked, I had to make a CD and then take over 200 pictures off as the computer just can't handle all the pictures.  I will see what I can find that You might like to see.
    I Love You With All My Heart and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Proud of YOU!!!
    Have a Beautiful Day knowing that You are a Child of God!!!
    With all my "Sweet" and tender Love,
    Mama Mee  OXO
    p.s.  Tomorrow I am going to put all my pear jam in jars and bottle Big Beautiful Tomatoes from Daddies' Garden.

    Jesse,
    I hope that you have had another good week.  I really appreciated your advice with my new calling.  As you mentioned one of the problems that we have in our ward boundaries is that there are very few non members.  The ones that are here have been friend shipped and fellowshipped for a long time.  We will need to continue to friendship them until they have a change of heart.  With Mitt Romney continuing to stay at the top of the Republican Party nominee there is more and more scrutiny of the LDS religion.  Are you getting questions from people because of the political race?  Anyway Kenny and I were watching the news and they were interviewing some film maker and he was saying how crazy it was that anyone could believe that an angel could have appeared to Joseph Smith.  We both said why is that so hard for people to believe?  In the bible there are many accounts of Heavenly messengers including Jesus's apperance to  Saul who became the Apostle Paul.  The good thing about Romney running for the presidency is that it will create a lot of questions in peoples minds and hopefully the sincere people will be able to find the truth.
    The whole family went over to Mom and Dads last Friday and cleared off their garden, tilled the garden, picked their apples and generally cleaned up their yard.  They really appreciated the help and then we had a family dinner.  It was really fun and nice.  Kenny and I worked Saturday morning and was able to get most of our garden cleaned off and tilled.  I still have the tomatoes covered and we haven't picked the beets yet.  We had our Primary Sacrament meeting to day.  It was really good and Momie did a excellent job.  The Bishop specifically thanked her for the great job that she did with the music.
    Keep up the good work.  I know that you are making a difference in many peoples lives!
    Love,  Dad

    No comments:

    Post a Comment